- Dravyaguna is a branch which deals with property, action and therapeutic effects of various dravyas (including food and medicine), along with identification, collection, storage and preservation of raw drugs of plant origin.
- Dravyaguna also compacts with the knowledge of nomenclature, pharmacology, pharmacognosy, pharmaco therapeutics and clinical pharmacology, and also plant and other materials associated with medicine.
- Our Dravyaguna department prepares student to be a researcher, a resourceful lecturer, an Ayurvedic physician, and a well-versed herbalist to pay their service to the medical science and well-being.
LIBRARY: Has sufficient Ayurveda & pharmacological books.
- Department has well established laboratory to facilitate the study of pharmacology and therapeutics.
- Standardization and analysis of ingredients as per modern and Ayurvedic methodology.
- The department has good collection of dry specimens of various species / drugs.
- Helps in the study of fundamental principles using herbal raw materials, wet specimens, and animal products using modern techniques
- Herbal garden is attached to the department having 200 species, spread across wide area.
- Aids in educating cultivation and plantation of medicinal plants.
- Department is well equipped with Charts, Models, Herbarium, Compilations, and Photographs related to Dravyaguna.